Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) is pleased to report fourth quarter 2017 and full year 2017 production results, as well as 2018 production, cost, and capex guidance.
- Total Measured and Indicated Resources increased 129% to 4,557,000 tonnes from 1,990,000 tonnes previously reported; and Total Inferred Resources increased 36% to 1,633,000 tonnes from 1,200,000 tonnes previously reported
- Total Measured Mineral Resources for Cusi are 362,000 tonnes averaging 225g/t silver, 0.55% lead, 0.68% zinc, 0.13 g/t gold for a total 268 g/t Ag Eq
- Total Indicated Mineral Resources for Cusi are 4,195,000 tonnes averaging 217 g/t silver, 0.64% lead, 0.66% zinc, 0.21 g/t gold and 267 g/t AgEq
- Total Inferred Mineral Resources for Cusi are 1,633,000 tonnes averaging 158 g/t silver, 0.54% lead, 0.84% zinc, 0.16 g/t gold and 207 g/t AgEq
- The updated Resource Estimate varies from the previous 2017 Technical Report due to a variety of factors, including the use of silver equivalent cut-off grade and depletion by production since the previous Report was completed
- The updated Resource Estimate has incorporated new exploration drilling, sampling, and underground mapping information into the geologic interpretation and grade estimations providing more refined resource models in the areas of San Nicolas and Promontorio
TORONTO, Dec. 29, 2017 /CNW/ – Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) has updated its Mineral Resource Estimate at the Company’s Cusi Mine, located in Chihuahua State, Mexico.
Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (NYSE American: SMTS) (BVL: SMT) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Alberto Beeck as an Adviser to its Board of Directors and Mr. Alejandro Perellón as an Observer to its Board of Directors, both effective immediately.
- Current Drilling program at the Cuye Zone reflects high grade Polymetallic and Copper mineralization which continue and remain open to depth
- 11 holes have been completed to date from the 1070 level in the Cuye area
- Copper sulphide mineralized areas have been defined containing widths of more than 45 meters which remain open at depth
- Mineralized areas noted in core identified large dioritic intrusive inclusions which suggest wider orebodies exist
- Drill hole 10 intercepted over 75 meters of continued high grade polymetallic and copper mineralization and included a 15-meter intercept of polymetallic mineralization followed by a 44-meter copper sulphide intercept
- Drilling program also intercepted low-grade disseminated copper mineralization in the intrusive formation, which opens a new exploration concept not explored or known before at Yauricocha
Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (BVL: SMT) (NYSE AMERICAN: SMTS) (“Sierra Metals” or “the Company”) has filed a technical report prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) on the Yauricocha Mine (the “Report”). The Report supports the disclosure made by the Company in its news releases dated September 28, 2017 entitled “Sierra Metals Significantly Increases Mineral Resource Estimate for Yauricocha Mine, Peru.” and dated October 26, 2017 entitled “Sierra Metals Significantly Increases Mineral Reserve Estimate for Yauricocha Mine, Peru.” There are no material differences in the mineral reserves and resources contained in the Report from those disclosed in the news releases.
Sierra Metals Inc. (TSX: SMT) (NYSE American: SMTS) (BVL: SMT) (“Sierra Metals” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Jose Alberto Vizquerra-Benavides to its Board of Directors effective immediately. Mr. Vizquerra will also join the Sierra Metals Audit Committee effective immediately replacing Igor Gonzales who is stepping down from the Audit Committee.