Bonterra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: BTR, US: BONXF, FSE: 9BR1) (the “Company” or “Bonterra”) is pleased to announce recent exploration activities located west of the Gladiator Deposit and within the extensive Coliseum Property have led to the discovery a new gold and silver bearing horizon (“Temica Gold Zone”). The discovery located approximately 4 km to the south west of the Gladiator Deposit, was highlighted by recent drill hole CL-17-14, which intersected 4.7 g/t Au and 44.6 g/t Ag over 2.7 m at a depth of 250 m below surface. The Bonterra technical team considers this newly discovered zone to be an extension of the Gladiator mineralized trend.
- -Hole CL-17-14 discovery of new mineralized zone (Temica Gold Zone) with an intersection of 4.7 g/t Au and 44.6 g/t Ag over 2.7 m at 250 m below surface. This drill hole is located over 4 km to the south west of the Gladiator deposit.
- -Drill hole 17-14 returned 44.6 g/t Ag with the presence of galena as additional sulphide mineralization.
-Hole CL-17-06 intersects new mineralized zone (Temica Gold Zone) with an intersection of 13.0 g/t Au over 1.0 m at 200 m below surface, and located over 5 km to the south west of the Gladiator Gold Deposit.
-Hole CL-17-01 also intersected the Temica Zone near surface with close proximity to drill hole CL-17-14, but was located too close to the zone and resulted in a partial intersection.
-Three drill holes now exist in the Temica Zone over a 1 km length as described above.
-The previously completed till sampling and induced polarization surveys led to the drilling and discovery of the Temica Zone. Further drilling will be conducted on additional targets and identified trends as well as on the Temica Zone.
-Both CL-17-06 and CL-17-14 intersected shear zone hosted mineralized quartz-carbonate veining with pyrite and sphalerite.
|(g/t Au)||(g/t Ag)|
- Stated lengths are core width as drilled, true widths vary and average between 60 and 80 percent of drilled widths. Core axis angles of the intersection contacts and surrounding rock units average 55 to 70 degrees.
Please see the surface plan map (http://www.bonterraresources.com/en/gladiator/maps-sections) showing the locations of the new Temica Gold Zone drill holes and other targets relative to the location of the Gladiator Gold Deposit. The resource development drill program at the Gladiator Gold Deposit continues to focus on extending the known gold zones, with attention on the new, additional discovered gold zones located to the north and south of the initial Gladiator gold veins.
Please see http://www.bonterraresources.com/en/gladiator/maps-sectionsfor updated maps including long sections and cross sections.
Bonterra Resources Quick Facts:
- -Well financed with $40m raised in 2017.-Gladiator Gold Deposit:
- -Deposit extension and resource expansion underway utilizing minimum of four drill rigs with 40,000 meters planned this year;-Drilled dimensions of the Gladiator Deposit are currently outlined to a depth of 1,000 meters below surface, and a strike length of 1,200 meters;-Gladiator remains open in all directions with drilling currently focused on the Rivage Gap western side, new north and south veins infill and Coliseum exploration;-At least five distinct subparallel zones or mineralized horizons have been identified.
-Larder Lake Gold Property:
- -100% controlled 2,221-hectare in the Cadillac-Larder Break camp in Ontario (refer to March 17, 2016 news release highlighting historical gold resource);-Excellent access to three high grade gold deposits between Kirkland Lake and Virginiatown.
Robert Gagnon, P.Geo. has approved the information contained in this release. Mr. Gagnon is a director of Bonterra and is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
Nav Dhaliwal, President & CEO
Bonterra Resources Inc.
For further information on Bonterra, contact Investor Relations
Telephone: 1 844 233 2034
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release contains “forward-looking information” that is based on Bonterra’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections. This forward-looking information includes, among other things, statements with respect to Bonterra’s exploration and development plans. The words “will”, “anticipated”, “plans” or other similar words and phrases are intended to identify forward-looking information. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Bonterra’s actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Such factors include, but are not limited to: uncertainties related exploration and development; the ability to raise sufficient capital to fund exploration and development; changes in economic conditions or financial markets; increases in input costs; litigation, legislative, environmental and other judicial, regulatory, political and competitive developments; technological or operational difficulties or inability to obtain permits encountered in connection with exploration activities; and labour relations matters. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect our forward-looking information. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. Bonterra disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.